Frequently Asked Questions
- I’ve seen on DIY boards and Pinterest that I can make my own polish at home with clear nail polish and powder cosmetics. What makes Taylor Made Polish different? -All Taylor Made colors, powders and glitters are tested and labeled for nail polish use and are minimally a 4-free product. Our large variety of supplies are ready and available, along with mixing tools, clean quality glass bottles and a printer for your custom name label. Depending on your base polish and the powder or glitter that you choose to mix in, regular clear polish may not “hold” or mix with the color and instead what’s been added falls to the bottom of the bottle. Our bases are suspension bases made to “hold” and mix with micas, concentrated color, pigments and glitter. Depending on your color or glitter add-in you may require different types of bases, all of which Taylor Made Polish has on hand (along with over 200 different micas, powders and glitters).
- Where did the name Taylor Made Polish come from? -Taylor is Vanessa’s grandparents last name. Carroll and Pearl Taylor were a constant positive support throughout her life. Read more about her story here.
- Do I need an appointment for services? or for polish-making? -Appointments are strongly recommended.
- What are the benefits of making my own color? -When you make your own color and subsequently use it in a service you have a color to take with you and perform touch ups. Especially with natural nails, chipped nails can happen in only a couple of days. Having your polish outside of the salon allows you to repair a chip or ding and extend your service. Taylor Made Polish also utilizes service methods (non-soaking manicures and pedicures) that improve polish adherence allowing your nails to dry faster and improve nail health.
- Why are your products/services more expensive than other traditional or high-volume nail salons? -Utilizing higher quality, eco-friendly nail products are slightly more expensive, but in the long run well worth it. Providing our clients and technicians a healthier environment and experience. We also compensate our technicians an above industry-average-fair wage, an extensive tool sterilization process, and a strict policy on one-time use supplies increase our cost.
- What are 3/4/5 or 8 free polishes? -Because Taylor Made Polish believes in minimizing exposure to harmful chemicals, our polishes are predominantly 8+free, which is a classification for nail polish that identifies how many of the leading chemical agents have been eliminated from the polish. Many brand name polishes on the market have committed to being 3-free. This is the minimum standard for Taylor Made Polish, with the majority of our products being 5-free or more.
- Are your products cruelty free? -All of our products are cruelty free.
- Can I buy polish already made? -Yes, Taylor Made Polish sells a line of our own custom, hand crafted polishes at the Taylor Made Polish Beauty Studio, at LV Beauty Loft and online. Limited edition and special event colors will be released through out the year in small batch quantities. Check our website and stay connected with social media for upcoming releases.